95 Day Notice Account (GBP)
What is the interest rate?
- 0.40% AER* / Gross** p.a. (Variable) for amounts below £500,000
- 0.50% AER* / Gross** p.a. (Variable) for amounts £500,000 and over
Interest is calculated daily and paid quarterly into your Notice Account and at account closure.
- Interest will be paid gross without prior deduction of tax.
*AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded on an annual basis. **Gross is the rate of interest payable without the deduction of income tax. Interest is paid gross to your account and it is your responsibility to pay tax on any money you may owe to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) or to your relevant tax authority.
Can Alpha Bank London change the interest rate?
Yes, the interest rate is variable. We can increase or decrease the interest rate paid to you in accordance with this document and our Personal Terms & Conditions.
- If we decrease the interest rate, we will give you at least 110 days written notice by email or by post (if we do not hold an email address for you).
- Similarly, if we increase the interest rate, we will inform you within 30 days of the increase.
- If we do not hear from you by the end of this period, you will be taken to have accepted the change if you have not closed your Notice Account.
Please see our Personal Terms & Conditions for more information on when we may change the interest rates.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a range of deposits?
The above examples are provided for illustrative purposes only and assume the following:
- interest is calculated daily and paid quarterly in arrears
- any interest earned stays in the Account
- interest is rounded to the nearest GBP pence (£0.01)
- no further deposits or withdrawals are made over the period
- no changes to the variable interest rate are made over the period
The above illustrative examples do not take into account your individual circumstances.
How do I open and manage my account?
- This product is available for existing Personal customers only. Please contact your relationship manager on +44 207 332 6767.
- The minimum amount for a 95 Day Notice Account (GBP) is £50,000.
- If you would like to become a customer of Alpha Bank London please contact +44 (0)20 7332 6767.
Can I withdraw money?
- Withdrawals are only available subject to 95 days’ notice.
- Early withdrawals are not permitted.
- Partial withdrawals are permitted so long as the residual balance is above the minimum amount and 95 day notice is given.
- Please note that if the balance in your 95 Day Notice Account (GBP) falls below £50,000, the interest rate will automatically fall to “Nil”.
- The 95 day notice period is based on calendar days and begins the day we receive your withdrawal request.
- Your funds will be transferred to your Current Account on the 95th day or the next working day if this is a non-working day.
- Any withdrawal requests must be given to your relationship manager in writing and signed by you.
- Further deposits can be made at any point in time.
- Please note that the Bank reserves the right to withdraw this product at any time. If we do withdraw it you will be able to get the funds out of your Notice Account (at the end of the notice period), but you will not be able to make any further deposits.
Terms & Conditions
- Please read this “Key Product Information” document in conjunction with our Personal Terms & Conditions.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
- Your eligible deposits with Alpha Bank London Limited up to a limit of £85,000 are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), the UK’s deposit protection scheme. For further information on the protection provided by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme please go on line to www.FSCS.org.uk or call us on +44 (0)20 7332 6767.
Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) / Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Alpha Bank London Limited is Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered under number 135327 in the Financial Services register.
ALPHA BANK LONDON LIMITED
85 KING WILLIAM STREET
LONDON EC4N 7BL
Registered in England number 185070.
Telephone Number is +44 (0)20 7332 6767.
Calls may be recorded or monitored.
If there is anything that you do not understand, please contact us for further information or seek independent advice.